Spicy and tofu and fish? Count me in.
- 1 fresh/frozen fish, cut into 2cm x 2 cm pieces
- 1 tsp Sichuan pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, mixed
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in pieces
- 1 ginger 2x2 cm square, cut into pieces
- 2 spring onion, cut into pieces
- 4 tsp starch or flour
- 0.5 Kg tofu, cut into square pieces
- Sichuan bean sauce
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- Shoaxing wine (or white wine)
Marinate fish for 20 min by combining with salt, half cup white wine, flour, pepper, bean sauce and eggs.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan. When hot, put the Sichuan pepper for 20 seconds, and remove from the pan.
Add garlic, spring onion and ginger to the pan and stir fry for < 1 min.
Add the marinated fish and 100 ml boiled water, turn down the fire and cook for 5 min.
Add tofu and stir a bit. Add sugar, pepper and taste. Adjust the taste with soy sauce, chicken stock etc.
Cook for another 5 min until the sauce thickens.
Serve with fresh spring onion pieces.
You can add more vegetables, it is important to pre boil them so the fish remains intact.